Jasmine Guy once stated that, “Bigotry and judgment are the height of insecurity”. What we all have in common with one another is the fact that there is at least one thing that we are not comfortable with, about ourselves. Whether it be a physical feature, for example our nose or our weight, or a personality trait, for example our habit of being too nice, most people would agree that there is something about themselves that they would change. With insecurities rises a lack of confidence. When we focus on the areas of ourselves that we aren’t happy with, we often forget that we indeed have good qualities or attributes. I believe what Jasmine Guy said to be true and add that our biggest critics are in fact OURSELVES. However, this doesn’t have to be so. I like to think that everyone has the ability to change the things they don’t like about themselves, and here’s how you start. In order to create a positive perspective about yourself, consider the following:
1) Make a list of all the things you don’t like about yourself. If you feel that this list is rather long, try focusing on your top 2 or 3.
2) Make a list of all the things you love about yourself. Consider every aspect, physical traits, personality traits, friends and families opinions of your character, etc.
3) For every negative or insecurity on you list, consider a possible option to change this into a positive. There is at least one solution for every problem. (Ex. if you don’t like your weight, consider watching what you eat and exercising a little everyday).
4) Appoint one person, preferably one that is close to you, to share your list with. This person will act as a person who will keep accountability for you to make sure your options of change are realistic and safe.
5) Make a list of goals for yourself. Whether it be a deadline or a list of desired results, make goal, this will keep you motivated.
6) Remember that YOU ARE NOT ALONE, everyone has insecurities, and that just because you see yourself a certain way doesn’t mean the rest of the world sees you in this light.
7) Remember that you are DOing this FOR YOURSELF and no one else. At the end of the day, it’s completely about how you feel about yourself.
8) Remember that your desired level of confidence is ACHIEVABLE.
9) Respect yourself to do what’s best for yourself.
10) Learn to ACCEPT and LOVE yourself despite what the results will be.
11) You can allow others to help you but ultimately the change must come from you.
You have the power to become a more confident and radiant you, all you need is INSPIRATION and FAITH in yourself.
Smooches, Aries ❤